[obosgamekit] Update

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obosgamekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:50:29 CEST (+0200)

Hi,

well, looks like the gamekit team is currently dead.
The previous leader, Robert Medeiros has disapeared.
If he had replied to any of the emails sent to him during
the last month by me or Michael Phipps we would know
why, but the only option was to simply force a change.
I'm doing leadership now to help those still (or newly)
interested.

I understand that this is especially bad for those that really
care about the media kit, and which to improve it later, and
perhaps go on with OpenGL.
I also which to improve the game kit, and even know a little
bit about OpenGL.
But the very first things that need to be done are getting
the BeOS R5 like game kit done.

I have prepared a few tasks that, after beeing done, will
be a solid foundation for OpenBeOS and opens possibilities
for further discussion and improvements.

Klick on the game kit team link at http://openbeos.org
or http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/tms/team.php=3Fid=3D3

I noticed that David Sowsy was working on BDirectWindow,
until he gave up. Please submit your source code (to me)
so it can be included in CVS and your work is not lost.

I have no control about this mailing list, but it seems to work.
The game kit website is out of date, the link on the openbeos
website will be removed except someone wants (and has the ablity to)
update it.

regards
Marcus

---