[obol] scope comparison

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:39:40 -0600

I'd be interested in opinions from anyone who has compared Swarovski and
Zeiss top-level scopes lately.  My impression a couple of years ago was that
Zeiss was the best on the market, especially for clarity at 60x, but I'd be
interested in other opinions.

I realize that I could take a birding trip to the Pribilofs for what either
of them cost, but for now I'm just comparing glass.

I have recently been using Leupold 80mm goldring and Kowa Prominar 88mm,
both of which are optically very good, so that's my point of comparison.

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon/Boulder, Colorado

Working in Boulder, Colorado, most of the time from mid-September 2013
through early summer, 2014.