[obol] possible Lincoln chat

  • From: 5hats@xxxxxxxx
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 21:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

About 3:30 this afternoon I twice heard what sounded like a Yellow-breasted
Chat calling from a willow thicket a couple of miles from Lincoln City. The
specific location from which I heard the vocalizations was at the gravel
pullout on the south side of Drift Creek Road, 1.25 miles east of Highway 101.
Each time the bird only uttered one note, so based on the call I'm not positive
of the i.d., but it sure sounded like one of the raucous notes a chat makes.
And the habitat in that area would be typical for the species. If it was a chat
the lateness of the record would probably be significant, as it would strongly
suggest breeding, and I know of no such records for Lincoln County.
Darrel