[obol] pix -- dark-backed Lesser Goldfinch ...

  • From: Lyn Topinka <pointers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:24:08 -0800

hi all ... I finally got some good looks at the dark-backed Lesser Goldfinch which has been hanging around our neighborhood for a week or so ... he's not totally black on the back but just very dark ... he definitely stands out ... this is the first time we've seen him on the seed sock ... images shot through a double-paned plate-glass window ... enjoy, Lyn

http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14.jpg

http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14_B.jpg

a more "normal" patterned Lesser on the left, dark-backed on the right ...
http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14_C.jpg

Lyn Topinka,
NorthwestJourney.com
NorthwestBirding.com