[obol] [non-Oregon] Great Egret Rookery

  • From: Sandi Morey <hobbsmorey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 07:35:11 -0700

Reading the posts about possible Great Egret nesting here in Oregon reminds me
of the wonderful photo my husband David Morey took in the Smith Oaks/High
Island area near Galveston, Texas in May, and thought I'd share it with you.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/morey_shots/13992991899/player/ This rookery
contains not only Great Egrets but also nesting Roseate Spoonbills and other
herons, and even has alligators! Highly recommended if you're in the area.
Sandi Morey, NE Portland