[obol] digest reminder from the moderator

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 06:05:44 -0700

Folks,

I am taking this opportunity for a friendly reminder to those who get digest emails.

Please do not hit "reply" to a digest email. The "reply" email will go out with the entire digest attached to it. There is no need to recopy the entire digest to the entire list. A digest email takes up memory, and since digests are sent based on a memory limit (ie., when we get to a certain memory size, a digest will be sent out), the email will use up a chunk of memory which will trigger another digest to be sent out, which will include the entire previous digest embedded in it.

Please make sure you either cut the entire digest out of a post, or you respond to the emailer personally and not the entire list.

Thanks
Dave
OBOL moderator