[obol] bird census field session on Saturday

  • From: "Pamela Johnston" <pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:16:44 -0800

Dear readers of obol,

if you missed the earlier notice, you can still take part in the Oregon 2020
and Oregon Birding Association half-day field session on offer instruction in
bird census techniques and data recording.

This is your chance to learn to make a realistic estimate of the number of
birds in vast flocks of geese, to make better checklists from your personal
birding trips, to use GPS in the process, and to make it easier to take notes
on what you see. Getting a handle on this helps make the Christmas Bird Count
more accurate, and makes your sightings more useful to science. Jenna Curtis of
Oregon 2020 will give instruction, and I will have information on statewide
CBCs.

We will meet on Saturday, November 23 at 9 AM, at Ankeny NWR, Eagle Marsh, on
Buena Vista Rd. Later we will move to Pintail Marsh, on Wintel Rd. Please
respond to me at pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have questions, and to let us
know how many people to expect.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Pamela Johnston
president,
Oregon Birding Association, the folks who bring you obol