[obol] Yamhill county shorebirds

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 22:47:02 -0700

Folks,

Today we visited the gravel quarries at Dorsey Rd. S of Dayton off Rt. 221
and found 60 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS in various stages of transition to
breeding plumage, plus 75 DUNLIN that showed almost no black bellies.

On Grand Island, at the north side of Grand Island Loop Rd. we found ~12
GREATER YELLOWLEGS and some more DUNLIN, some of which had black tummies.

At the Janzen farm on the south end of Webfoot Rd, among 50 TREE SWALLOWS,
we found our first BARN SWALLOW of the season.

Good birding,

Paul Sulllivan & Carol Karlen

McMinnville