[obol] Wickiup Surf Scoters, Pink legged Gull

  • From: david smith <smithdwd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol freelists <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:36:34 +0000

This am(9) Surf Scoters at Gull Pt Boat launch and a few C Loons. At the
reservoir, on the spit with gulls(all yellow legged) and DC Corms, was a juv
gull. "Strong" pink legs, similar size to Cal Gulls, even brownish body/wings
fading to near white head/face, medium black bill, dark eye and wing tips, and
tail somewhat also. It did not strike me as bigger/bulkier Herring size but at
distance, range, and my knowledge limits I'm hesitant to call it a Thayer's.
Dozens of C Loons, and grebes feeding.  David Smith