[obol] White-winged dove

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:31:58 -0400

I am posting this for Henry Horvat. A WHITE-WINGED DOVE was at the feeders and
birdbath twice today in Henry's backyard in Scappoose early this evening near
the airport. It arrived with collared doves.
He and his wife, Paris, both saw the dove. They are familiar with this species
from birding trips to California and Arizona. They saw the white on the edge of
its wings, blue on the face, and the square tail. Sorry, no photo! The dove
didn't return when I went to his home to try to see it for my county list.
Please call Henry if you're interested in seeing the dove: 503-543-3690.
Lona Pierce