[obol] Western Scrub Jay behavior

  • From: sandyleapt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:20:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

While working in my garden I saw two Western Scrub Jays. I suppose this is
courting behavior. Just never saw a Western Scrub Jay do this. Anyway, one of
the jays was fluttering its wings in the manner of a fledgling begging an adult
bird and the other jay fed it. I suppose this is courting behavior. Just never
saw a Western Scrub Jay do this. I know the adults nest near my garden because
they bring the fledglings to my garden every year; stick around with the kids
for a bit and then leave them here to fend for themselves.

Sandy Leaptrott
NE Portland