[obol] Western Screech Owl Nesting

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:59:37 -0700

We have seen a Western Screech Owl in our Wood Duck nesting box several
times over the last few weeks.  It peaked out for over an hour enjoying
some sunshine this afternoon in the country east of Salem.  It also
reappeared at about sunset.  We are pretty sure it is nesting right now but
have no way to confirm it without disturbing the nest box.  An Anna's
hummingbird flew by several times for a closeup look at the owl.  The
hummingbird photo is a little soft on focus but I thought it was
interesting.  Click on link below for a couple of photos.  Happy Birding,
Jim Leonard

https://picasaweb.google.com/108302360004365615395/WesternScreechOwl032713?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMHUzbmv2Pmz_AE&feat=directlink