[obol] Washington County info question

  • From: Jason Wolf <wolfjason71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:14:31 -0700

I'll be co-leading a Bird-a-thon trip in Washington County for Portland
Audubon. We've got all the good wetland stops planned: Jackson Bottom,
Killin, etc......but we need a good stop or two with mature coniferous
forest. This is not an all-day trip so I'd like to not drive into the Coast
range if possible.

Can you recommend a good stop with mature coniferous forest? Looking for
some of the same species one could get at the Pittock Mansion area.

Does Tualatin Hills Nature Park have a good stand of mature conifers?
What about Cooper Mountain, mostly logged over and replanted, so my guess
is that there's no much there.....

thanks for any info,
Jason
wolfjason71@xxxxxxxxx