[obol] Wandering Tattler - Malheur NWR - Harney County

  • From: "Lori Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'OBOL'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:20:45 -0700

Hi Obol,

Just got in from birding so this is the first chance I've had to post.  My
friend Larry Arnold and I birded Malheur today.  Larry found a Wandering
Tattler at the Narrows.  It was about 3:30pm.  I took photos, but haven't
had time to upload them yet.  If any turn out I will post them.

Btw, as we headed to Frenchglen on 205 we saw 2 Swans in a pond on the east
side of the road, about 1/2 mile north of Frenchglen.  They were too far
away for us to be sure of id, but they had black bills, so they were not
Mute Swans.

Btw2, while birding the Hines sewage ponds yesterday evening we saw 1
Bonaparte's Gull hanging with 2 Franklin's Gulls.

Lori Markoff
Eugene