[obol] Wallowas, Birds and Info

  • From: david smith <smithdwd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol freelists <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:55:44 +0000

Bob Stites and I spent Tues to Fri in the Wallowa Valley. Mild weather, 6" snow
at McCulley Creek. We saw most of the reported birds plus some other notables
for the area.    Tucker Down Rd at the trees and curve: mixed flock Mtn Ds with
Pygmy Nuthatches.       1/2 way to Fergi Ski about a dozen Pine Grosbeaks.
Thorpe's Ln Enterprise: Harris Sparrow.   Hurricane Ck Rd pond(W side) just
south of Enterprise: 4 Hooded Mergansers.   N Klages Rd: Say's Phoebe, Imm
Golden Eagle.   Imnaha Hyw at Tenderfoot Valley Rd: Gyrfalcon(2 days).
Zumwalt: Prarrie Falcon, Golden, 100+ Horned Larks   Golf Course Rd: HOLAs,
(40)A Tree Sparrows, Towsend's Solitaire,       8 SE Owls(3 interacting pairs +
2 singles) at dusk 5:15-5:45pm.   Rosey Finches at regular spot.    Leap Ln:
Western Bluebird and N Shrike.   Enterprise Grain Elevator: 2 Barn Owls after
7pm(2 nights).Widerness Inn and Ponderosa owned together so no competition
price is about $80 for 2.Food: Terminal Gravity winter Wed-Sat only.      David
Smith