[obol] Volunteer Point Count Leader

  • From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:22:03 -0700

OBOL
I am posting this for my friends Peter and Pam Hayes at Hyla Woods. They are
seeking volunteers  for their ongoing bird count program.  Their forests are in
the Coast Range in the northern part Yamhill County and in Washington County.
Hyla Woods forests are managed with a focus on restoration and enhancement
using Forest Stewardship Certified and Wildwood standards. You can find more
information at http://hylawoods.com.

They are seeking a volunteer “lead birder” to conduct point counts on two
mornings this spring.  Volunteers should be able to conduct point counts
including indentifiying local birds by ear using songs, calls, sounds, etc. The
counts will be done as a team with the volunteer leading in the bird
identification.

Counts are scheduled in pairs of dates with the first date of each pair being
the primary monitoring day and the 2nd in the pair being a backup day in case
of rain. They will will only monitor on one day of each pair. Counts begin at
5am and end at about 7:30 after which you will be treated to breakfast. Walking
on forest trails and roads is required.

Dates are Mon/Tue May 19/20 and for Wed/Thu June 5/6.  Volunteers can do one
date or both.

If you are interested please contact Peter Hayes at:    peter_hayes@xxxxxxxxxxx

Good Birding
Ken Chamberlain