[obol] Varied Thrush, south Eugene - photos

  • From: "L Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 18:25:16 -0700

Hi Obol,

Ever since I heard a Varied Thrush in my yard on 9/26 I have been hearing a
VATH off and on, particularly as part of the dawnsong.  Today I heard one
throughout the day and a few moments ago it finally showed itself.  I'm glad
it did because I was starting to think I was imagining the whole thing!

Light was getting low so photos aren't sharp, but here are a couple:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/q1Li19/

Am also hearing a Western Screech Owl do the bouncing ball vocal right
now...nice!

Lori Markoff

Eugene