[obol] Varied Thrush in Washington County

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:36:22 -0700

   I heard a Varied Thrush a few minutes ago. Someone reported one yesterday
"right on time". I believe the one at my house is four or five days earlier
than any I recall in past years.Red Crossbills just flew over, which have been
conspicuous in their absence for awhile. They were detectable several times a
week in mid summer. Evening Grosbeaks were also calling when I heard the Varied
Thrush. I am 3 km west of Hwy 26, milepost 47, a third of the way to Seaside
from downtown Portland.  Lars