[obol] Re: VARIED THRUSH

  • From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tom-escue@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:37:04 -0700

Tom,

There are two male Varied Thrushes in our garden that have been constant
companions all season.  They spar over food whenever one thinks the other is
undeserving.  They have been singing each morning for the past month, a song
that penetrates walls and thrills our souls.  It is more usual during the
winter for us, to have a single quiet visitor - generally a female - that is
around for a few days and gone for weeks until we see her again.

Larry
Eugene