[obol] Updated schedule for Fall 2014 Migration Count: September 20th & 21st

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Central Oregon Birders <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:36:24 -0700

Hi all,

Oregon's version of the North American Migration Count (NAMC) is
happening this weekend, September 20-21. Here is the schedule as it
stands, on the eve of the first counts, and e-mail addresses for the
county coordinators.

In the following "flex" counties you can count on either day (or on both
days, if you cover different parts of the county). If you plan to count
in these counties, please get in touch with the coordinator to help with
their planning:

Baker     Joanne Britton    jobr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Curry     Diane Cavaness    scrapbird@xxxxxxxxx
Lake      Joel Geier(*)     joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
Lincoln   Dawn Villaescusa  d_villa@xxxxxxxx
Linn      Jeff Fleischer    raptorrunner97321@xxxxxxxxx
Malheur   Denise Hughes     den.hug100@xxxxxxxxx
Tillamook Dawn Villaescusa  d_villa@xxxxxxxx
Yamhill   Dawn Villaescusa  d_villa@xxxxxxxx

(*) = Interim coordinator, volunteers still welcome!

The following counties are using the traditional single-day format, and
will count on SATURDAY, September 20:

Benton    Joel Geier        joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
Clackamas Tim Janzen        tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crook     Chuck Gates       cgates326@xxxxxxxxx
Douglas   Ron Maertz        hadada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gilliam   Chuck Gates (*)   cgates326@xxxxxxxxx
Harney    Tim Blount        harneybirder@xxxxxxxxx
Josephine Dennis Vroman     dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx
Klamath   Kevin Spencer     rriparia@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lane      Barbara Combs     bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx
Morrow    Chuck Gates (*)   cgates326@xxxxxxxxx
Multnomah Hannah Fritz      hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx
Sherman   Chuck Gates (*)   cgates326@xxxxxxxxx
Union     Cathy Nowak       cathy.nowak@xxxxxxxxxxx
Wasco     Donna Lusthoff    dlbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

These counties are using the traditional single-day format, and will
count on SUNDAY, September 21:

Columbia   Hannah Fritz     hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx
Hood River Stuart Johnston  johnstonstuartf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jefferson  Kevin Smith      kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx
Marion     Barbara Dolan    coordinating coverage but please send
                            data to me for compilation.
Polk       Joel Geier       joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
Wheeler    John Reuland     jreuland@xxxxxxxxxxx

There are still 8 counties without volunteer coordinators:

Clatsop, Coos, Deschutes, Grant, Jackson, Umatilla, Wallowa, and
Washington.

If you're birding in any of these counties on the weekend of September
20-21, I'll appreciate if you could keep count of birds, miles, and
hours, and send those to me. Ebird lists are fine -- preferably the full
lists rather than just links.

Happy migration,
Joel

--