[obol] Update: Wandering Tattler, Malheur NWR - photos

  • From: "Lori Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'OBOL'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:21:36 -0700

Hi again, Obol.

Okay, here are the photos of what we think is a Wandering Tattler.  Larry
Arnold found the bird at the Narrows in Malheur NWR this afternoon at about
3:30.  When we first saw it, it was on the west side of 205.  We were
looking down at it from the road on the little loop that goes off the main
road.  It was on the rocks, foraging.  Eventually it moved to the mud on the
north side of the pond and continued to forage.  At one point it bathed, and
then hopped up on some rocks on the shore.

Btw, while it was on the rocks close to us, it vocalized at one point.  We
heard it well.  We then checked our recordings and found it was a good match
for Wandering Tattler.

Btw2, I am not a photographer.  I only take photos to document sightings, so
these aren't that great.  Hopefully they are good enough to id the bird.  If
it isn't a Wandering Tattler, please tell us what it is.  Thanks.

Here are the photos:

http://flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/r5733R/

Lori Markoff

Eugene