[obol] Up here it's not so bad... yet

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:27:58 -0700

The wind was blowing east this morning and things were kind of
dull at Hammond Boast Basin and the South Jetty.  There are still
13 ELEGANT TERNS at the boat basin, but it was otherwise quiet.

Still not much wind or rain in Astoria, though I guess there have
been 60+ gusts closer to the beach.  The low pressure center is
passing right over us so it's kind of like being in the eye of the
hurricane.  Remnants of Typhoon Ana coming later in the week...

I've been told that the North Jetty Lighthouse is closed (including
the trail in for repairs and stuff.  I guess that means I'll have to
haul myself down to Silver Point for sea-watching tomorrow, if I
want to see any albatrosses or boobies...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR