[obol] Re: Swainson's on the move

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:28:34 -0400

I can concur with Floyd. At around 10:30pm, there was a solid stream of
Swainson's over Orenco (Hillsboro).
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:43:50 -0700
Subject: [obol] Re: Swainson's on the move
From: jdanzenbaker@xxxxxxxxx
To: tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx
CC: hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx; fschrock@xxxxxxxxx; OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI All,
I heard some Swainson's Thrush movement up here in Battle Ground, WA too but I
don't think as many as you were hearing as reported earlier.
Jim in Battle Ground, WA
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Small apologies for lack of "real time" reporting but when I took la perrita
out  for her nightly constitutional (about 8 hours ago)  I too was hearing, by
far, the highest number of Swainson's yet in this migration.
good birding,
Tom

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 12:35 am, Sept. 17, in Corvallis - clear skies here, no sprinkles, but we
also have a steady movement of Swainson's Thrushes tonight, with a call heard
every 3 to 5 seconds.

Hendrik

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Floyd Schrock <fschrock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
11:30 p.m., Sept. 16. Starting to sprinkle in McMinnville, and for the first
time this Fall I'm hearing a steady stream of Swainson's Thrushes passing
overhead, southward under the dark, cloudy sky.
Floyd Schrock

Hendrik G. Herlyn
Corvallis, OR

"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."
     -- Gary Snyder

--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA