[obol] South Wheeler Co. Part I correction: Not Sagebrush Sparrows

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Central Oregon Birders <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:24:52 -0700

Hi all,

Somewhere in last night's epistle I speculated that some song fragments
that I heard in a stand of Big Sagebrush in Meyers Canyon, pre-dawn on
Saturday morning, might have been Sagebrush Sparrows.

After listening to some recordings this morning, I'm pretty sure those
weren't Sagebrush Sparrows. My best guess is Lark Sparrows just giving
brief song fragments before starting up with their full song.

Happy birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier