[obol] Snow Bunting on the Astoria Waterfront

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:08:21 -0800

A SNOW BUNTING was reported being seen on the Astoria Waterfront via
eBird Dec 7.  It was reported without details by an observer whose
name I do not recognize.  Snow Bunting reports do not trigger the
Clatsop rarity filters.  I did not have any information on where, along
the 7km of waterfront the bird could be, so I went to the South Jetty to
look for Snow Buntings.

Yesterday, Lee Cain sent me photos taken by the new Daily Astorian
Photographer of a Snow Bunting.  The photos were taken along the
River Walk behind the fish packing warehouses between Columbia Ave and
2nd Street.

I was unable to find the bird yesterday afternoon or this morning,
but the weather has been less than ideal.

The weather has also been too icky for kingbird watching, so I have no
recent info on the two at Fultano's or the one reported in downtown
Astoria near the Daily Astorian building...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR