[obol] Shorebirds Red Knot at Straits Drain Lower Klamath

  • From: Kevin Spencer <rriparia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 00:55:07 -0400 (EDT)

Got down to Lower Klamath and Township late this afternoon. Finally found where they all were: Straits Drain unit east of the main road, and the cross road south of the bend. Two units on both sides of the cross road are flooded, but the north side had the shorebirds.

The highlight was a RED KNOT and about 5 SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERs

also:
DUNLIN @ 3800
Western Sandpiper - 300
SEMIPALMATED PLOVER- 15
Long-billed Dowitcher -30
dowitcher sp. 15
American Avocet
Black=necked Stilt
Willet- 10
BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER- 190 (I think it was a bit twice that amount, but a big group flew away and I am not sure if they returned when I began counting again; I think there were originally about 320, but not sure)
FRANKLIN'S GULL-8
CALIFORNIA GULL- 40
R-b GULLS- 25
ROSS's GOOSE-1
WF GOOSE
Canada Goose
N Pintail
N Sholveler
Wigeon
lMallard
Bufflehead
WF Ibis
RT Hawk

Kevin Spencer
rriparia@xxxxxxxxxxx
Klamath Falls, OR

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:parent.wgMail.openComposeWindow('klamathbasinbirdnews unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx')> . For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout <https://groups.google.com/d/optout> .