[obol] Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (continuing at Fern Ridge WMA)

  • From: John Armitage <john@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 22:49:18 -0700

My daughter EV and I saw the SPTS around mid-day Sunday, N of the trail extension to Royal Ave, W of the turnoff to the viewing platform. Seen 50 yards E of the large pole which has several nesting boxes, and a platform on top. Seen with a dozen or more Kildeer, several Pectoral Sandpipers, and a couple of American Pipits. A scope was useful but not necessary. At first glance the field looks empty. A small photo for ID is here:

http://john-armitage.com/SlideshowFiles/SPTS_small.jpg