[obol] Seaside Cove - Leach's Storm-petrel.

  • From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:54:40 -0700

I stopped at Seaside Cove around lunchtime.  A dark Storm-petrel with a
white rump was flying close to shore, flying low to the surface and between
wave crests.  I didn't see black dividing the white rump, but was watching
through binoculars and it may have been tough to see.  It had fairly narrow
pointed wings, which would rule out Wilson's.  I could not tell if the tail
was forked or not.

A couple of Cassin's Auklets were swimming very close to shore and an
Elegant Tern flew past heading north.

Philip Kline