[obol] Sea watch, Tierra del Mar, possible SCRIPP'S MURRELETS

  • From: Wink Gross <winkg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:10:58 -0700

Jack Hurt and I, later joined by Ken Chamberlain, scoped the ocean this morning
from my deck in Tierra del Mar.  List attached.

I saw a pair of small alcids (whirring, pointed wings), black above and bright
white below, with bright white wing linings that may have been Scripp's
Murrelets.  I saw a 3rd such bird subsequently.  The other possibility would be
Ancient Murrelet, but the back appeared solid black, and I didn't note a pale
bill.

As Ken remarked, there was a river of Surf Scoters out there this AM!

Wink Gross
Tierra del Mar

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: