[obol] Sauvie Island

  • From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 21:41:22 -0700

We birded Sauvie Island today for the NAMC.

Several shorebirds at Coon Point, in a small wetland in the fields west of
the dike: 2 Semipalmated Plovers, 4 Killdeer, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Least
Sandpiper, 2 Dunlin, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, and 103 Long-billed Dowitchers.
Also a few pipits, and a brief flyby peregrine. Looks excellent for
something unusual in the next week or two, if anyone makes it out there to
check.

Elsewhere on the Island we had Hermit Warbler, 6 Bonaparte's Gulls, and
American White Pelican.

Good birding,

Christopher Hinkle, Adrian Hinkle, Em Scattaregia