[obol] Sauvie Is. additional comments

  • From: SJJag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 03:48:43 +0000 (UTC)

After Don C. left (I was just arriving) at the Narrows.

When I first arrived there were 20 ish W. Snipe, 18 or so Yellowlegs, both sp.
and a flock of Dowitchers in a pond (that hides a bit) to the right as you make
the very last left turn on the road to the Gilbert River fishing access that
Wink/Don shared directions to earlier. This pond also has numerous Eagrets and
G.B.Herons and is perhaps findable by looking for the white cloth faux fences
that are in its back section.

At the Narrows: Three Sabine's Gulls arrived, two young, one adult plumaged
bird. 13 Black Bellied Plover, 12 Dowitchers visited briefly, a few peeps, one
Pectoral, one Gr. Yellowlegs, lots of pipits,

White Fronted Geese and Sandhill Cranes continue to arrive.

I left around 2:30 and there were still several birders in the area...any other
news?

Steve J.