[obol] Saturday on Green Ridge

  • From: "Kim Boddie" <kcboddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "COBOL sightings" <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "OBOL Sightings" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:27:54 -0700

Three of us braved the snow, rain, cold temps and calm winds on Green Ridge
today.  Every thing was pretty low key.  The rain and snow didn't amount to
much , the temp. did amount to much with a high of 39 degrees, and the raptor
numbers didn't amount to much with a total of 21 between 10AM  and 4PM.  The NW
winds were just about calm all day.  With all that, it was still a much better
day than staying home raking leaves or watching football.

We had a prolonged view of a Pileated Woodpecker on a snag and a Common Loon
fly over going south heading for who knows where.  We also had lots of Varied
Thrush flying around.

We will be up there tomorrow and the weather looks pretty good.  I will be at
Indian Ford Campground at 8:45 to lead people to the site at 9:00.  Next FRi. -
Sun. will be our last scheduled weekend at the site.

We counted

Northern Harrier                1                  Sharp-shinned Hawk         10
Cooper's Hawk                  4                  Red-tailed Hawk
   5
Golden Eagle                     1

Kim Boddie
Bend