[obol] Rusty Blackbird - Monmouth 11/2, 1 pm

  • From: "Jamie S." <woodpecker97330@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "midvalleybirding \(post to\)" <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL-to post <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 15:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

Christopher and Adrian Hinkle and I observed the RUSTY BLACKBIRD at the
Monmouth Sewage Ponds at 1 pm today, near the entrance to the ponds, then on
the south side of the first pond. Hendrik Herlyn, Oscar Harper, and Tristen
Hynes arrived soon after and viewed it as well before, at about 1:10, it flew
to a tree on the east side of the 1st pond. We didn't see it in that area about
an hour later.

As Brandon noted, it likes to feed along the water's edge.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis