[obol] Rufous on the move and other yard notes

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 22:45:37 -0700

Over the past couple of days, there has been at least one female RUFOUS
HUMMER working my earlier-blooming California fuchsias.  They do not breed
in my neighborhood and I typically see a large influx of females and juvies
at the end of the month.

I also had a flock of about a dozen BUSHTITS at the suet feeder this
morning, and have been hosting a juvie male DOWNY WP for the past week or
so.  Earlier in the month, I had a family of CB CHICKADEES working the
bumper crop of my chokecherry.

Lastly, I noticed a PAC-SLOPE hawking insects in my neighbor's yard a few
weeks ago.  This was the first time I've seen an Empid in my neighborhood
outside of migration.

Brandon
Eugene