[obol] Re: Roseburg IBIS-itis

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:36:28 -0800

Alan Contreras wrote:

> I am just back from the Roseburg CBC; came home early because I have a
> stomach problem

This is at least the fourth such report that I've heard of this CBC
season, just in the few counts that I've been involved in. A couple of
them wrote it off to food poisoning but there seems to be some sort of
one-day stomach flu going around among birders (and no doubt non-birding
members of the populace).

The good news is that the virus seems to run its course very quickly.

But I'm recommending Tyvek suits for all Snowy Owl viewing points, just
to minimize the spread. And no more hugs, handshakes, or high-fives,
just Vulcan greetings ;-)

Seriously, just hope most folks can avoid this virus since after all,
CBC season is one of the most fun times of the birding year, and no one
wants to be home in bed. But good to be aware, if something is indeed
going around.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis