[obol] Rentenaar Rd today

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:56:45 -0800

Rentenaar Rd today was quite the spectacle today.  There was nothing rare,
but there were large noisy birds everywhere.  Loads of Tundra Swans, Snow
and Cackling Geese and Sandhill Cranes all making lots of noise.  Several
Red-tailed Hawks, a Bald Eagle and an accipiter (I think Sharpie but didn't
get a good enough look).  A Great Egret and Great Blue Heron flew over, and
there were lots of ducks.

There was good variety of the usual sparrows, but I found it odd that I
have not seen a Fox Sparrow there the last few times I've gone.

4 Greater Yellowlegs were on the shore by the last wetlands on the right
(north).

And the leucistic Golden-crowned Sparrow posed very nicely with 2 of its
normally pigmented friends.  A photo is at http://andyfrank.blogspot.com.
Left-clicking enlarges it.

Andy Frank