[obol] Reflections on Spring Migration

  • From: Ray Korpi <rkorpi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 15:37:35 -0700

All,
I have probably been out the least this spring of any in the last 15 years, but
I notice things every day.  I had a couple of banner Ruby-crowned Kinglet days
on the Clark campus around the third week of April (20+ in two minutes or less
on at least three occasions over 2 days) and had good Orange-crowned movement
as well.  Butterbutts have seemed to be scattered (hardly any at my house
except for the last Saturday in April) and only two tanagers and finally a
black-headed grosbeak this morning.  Things have been very quiet at Clark all
week since the weather has moderated
Ray Korpi
Vancouver WA
rkorpi@xxxxxxxxxxx