[obol] Red-bellied Woodpecker La Grande yes

  • From: lsg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:53:46 -0700

Hi All.  Jacque and I arrived at the site about 3 pm and spent 2 hours looking
for the bird, but
no luck.  A  short time after 5 pm we decided to return home. We drovea short
distance east
to a place to turn around and as we drove back toward the given address Jacque
saw a bird
fly in and said stop. The bird landed on a tree ahead of us and then down to
the edge of the
road it was the RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER. A car came buy and it flew up. Jacque
stayed while I went to get the others near rhe corner. It flew around and made
several stops,
we all had good views of it.
    The bird seems to cover a area of several blocks in size, Those that still
have good
hearing said they could hear it, not us.
   Good luck if you search.
Larry and Jacque Goodhew  Walla walla