[obol] Re: Red-Shouldered Hawks - Creswell

  • From: Tori Morgan <toripony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 22:50:02 -0800

Since Sept. I've been seeing 1 and sometimes 2 consistently (and very frequently) in and around Cottage Grove. A couple of times I saw 1 downriver around Walker; I assumed that may have been one of the C.G. ones (they seem to wander up and down the 2 rivers here). Recently seen 1 in the Camas Swale area north of Creswell on 2 consecutive outings there and another birder reported one there, too. Unless they got together for a party at your place it seems we have at least 4 to maybe 6 in a 12 square mile area here. Is that average/higher/lower than usual for Red-shouldereds here in this little corner of the valley?

Tori Morgan
Cottage Grove

On 2/7/2016 7:12 AM, Sally Nelson wrote:

OBOLinks:
Calls outside my window now reminded me to share that yesterday there were 3 RSH here midmorning, all calling at once. I watched 2 land in treetops just uphill while the 3rd continued to call from tree area south.
Sally Nelson
in foothills west of Creswell, OR

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol