[obol] Pistol River Rose-breasted Grosbeak

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 20:29:44 -0700

I waited at the private feeders this morning in Gold Beach for about an hour,
but the previously reported goodies were a no show. The habitat where the
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher was comprised of willows and blackberry, not exactly
ideal.

I found my own singing male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK at vagrant trap at Pistol
River. This is on the east side of Hwy 101 at the junction of Pistol River
Loop and Carpenterville Hwy.

There was a young BONAPARTE'S GULL in Gold Beach marina, but I didn't find much
else on my way north to Coos Bay.

Good birding,
Russ Namitz
Medford