[obol] Pine Grosbeaks At Santiam Pass Today

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:52:05 -0800

Pam and I saw 12 PINE GROSBEAKS on the PCT going north at Santiam Pass today.
The first 4 were just beyond two snags that were over the trail. The next 8
were up about four minutes walk beyond the sign saying "Mt Jefferson
Wilderness/ Deschutes National Forest.” All the birds were on the left side of
the trail. We were there from about 11 AM to 1 PM. Checked out Lost Lake
afterwards but nothing much around except a few Canada Geese.

Thanks to ECAS and all for reporting them and luring us to the beautiful
Pacific Crest Trail. I felt a little bit “Wild” up there when I missed ID looks
at the first 4 birds but settled down when the next group were easily seen. Muy
tranquillo after that...

Good Birding,
John Thomas
(Silverton/ Mt Angel)