[obol] Photos: Bald Eagle Baskett Slough NWR How Old??

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:04:43 -0700

I went to Baskett Slough NWR this afternoon.  A Bald Eagle was perched on
top of a power pole at the narrows parking area on Coville Rd.  It was very
tolerate of me taking photos out my pickup window and never did fly away.
It had some blood and feathers on it's beak.  Must of had a recent kill.  I
am guessing it was about 3 years old.  I have heard they get the full white
head at around 4 years old.  What do you think the age is?  Click on link
for photos.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/6075837258074255489?authkey=CKWsw5i74ICCfw