[obol] Photo sharing sites

  • From: "David Heath" <drheath82@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'obol'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:56:12 -0700

I'd appreciate some feedback on photo sharing sites, as alternatives to
Flickr, which I already use but probably won't for much longer.

I consider this has at least tangential relevance to OBOL's mandate because
of the extent to which I and numerous others use Flickr to share our bird
photos, as I did yesterday with my Spain photos.

For those who haven't been to Flickr lately, within the last few hours Yahoo
has completely changed the look, feel, and loading speed of Flickr. About
the only page of my account that I can actually access is the Stats page,
from which I gather that not a single photo or set has been accessed since
the changeover was made. Page loading is so slow now that I can't even
access my own photostream, making the site more or less completely useless.
Hence my desire to have some input from users of other sites about where I
should migrate to.

Thanks,

David