[obol] PRAIRIE FALCON, Lane County

  • From: "Allen Prigge" <prigge1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:00:21 -0700

-This afternoon I went looking for the large raptor reported this morning in the vicinity of the Alvadore/Meadowview Rd. junction. I did not find a raptor fitting the description of the bird seen in the morning, but did find a PRAIRIE FALCON on a post adjacent to Franklin Rd. I was able to get photos.

Also seen were a MERLIN from the end of Starlite Lane, Alvadore--and the ever faithful NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD guarding its' territory from the top of the Holly tree.

Al Prigge