[obol] Osprey along the Willamette River

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 21:08:38 -0700

After our small run along the Willamette in Yamhill County I got to
thinking, "How many Osprey could one find if one went up the Willamette on
the west side from Kelly Point Park at the Columbia River to Eugene and even
Oakridge (or Cottage Grove) and then came back down on the east side of the
river?"  What if one knew all the side roads and nest platforms to look at
along the way?

How many Osprey are there in the Willamette Valley anyway?

Sounds like a project for a motorless quest, or a Jeff Fleischer effort. ;-)

Good birding,

Paul Sullivan