[obol] Re: Ocean bird survey - includes Oregon sightings.

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:01:42 -0700

Hi All,

I was flabbergasted reading the amazing bird sightings that have been
happening offshore recently (see Jeff's posting).  I talked to Harv
Schubothe and we have several spots still open on Fiday's pelagic.  I can't
remember the last time we had a long (greater than 5 hr.), deep water
 pelagic off Coos this time of year, but I am glad we will be doing so
during such an incredible year offshore. The trip is 91/2 hrs.  We will
leave at 0630 and be back by 4PM, giving folks enough time to easily make
it down for the evening OBA meeting in Bandon.  I am very excited about the
trip, it has been an awesome year offshore (as if the Elegant Terns
everywhere wasn't an indication) and who knows what could show up Friday.
We are closer to CA and deep water is closer to shore than in Newport, so
we'll see what shows up?  I hope we have a full boat!

Hope to see many of you on the boat and/or at the OBA meeting,
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay