[obol] OLD NEWS . . . Sauvie Island Shorebirds - No Scope No Hope

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 19:45:25 -0700

I was ill-equipped (carrying only a medium-size lens and bins) for the task
of trying to repeat the experiences of Steve Nord, Jay Withgott, and the
many other birders that followed their lead chasing shorebirds on Sauvie
Island last week.

Not all was lost though - I enjoyed good views of three Merlin harassing
all birds larger than themselves, one member of the family Tytonidae
perched alone in a quiet space, and sharing notes with fellow birder Linda
Phelan Tompson.

It's always a plus when you have a chance to put a face together with a
name you're familiar with from a list-serve.

Five photos:

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/10/sauvie-island-shorebirds-no-scope-no-hope

--
Jack Williamson