[obol] North PDX this morning [David Leal]

  • From: wildtrout5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 19:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

Jeff Dillon and I hit the Big Eddy area at Sauvie this morning.  One Sabine's
Gull, 3 black-bellied plovers and a snowy egret on the way in.  I stoped by
Coon Point and as reported the water is now too high for all but the longest
legged shorbirds.  I did have two Sabine's gulls fly past heading south and
there were at least six terns feeding along the edge of the lake to the right.
I was able to identify a couple as common terns.  Smith Lake was hopping with
many of the regular shorebirds already reported. Jim, Beverly and I had two
Franklin's gulls, three red-necked phalaropes more than a dozen black-bellied
plovers and many leasts, Western and pectoral sandpipers, both yellowlegs and
semipalmated plovers.  Probably a couple hundred dowitchers and pipits all
over.  No blasting while I was there.