[obol] New subspecies of MOUNTAIN QUAIL found in Manning, Oregon!

  • From: Khanh Tran <khanhbatran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 17:31:59 +0000

Hi Obolers:

This past weekend, I was very ecstatic to find a new subspecies of Mountain
Quail near the Manning area in Washington County.  The size, plume, color, and
piercing, sonic 'quee-ark" call is quite different! But what a fancy, beautiful
quail, indeed!!

I would be a bit nervous, if I saw a convey of them running towards me!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23662496@N02/14028654746/

Good birding with peace and love,

Khanh Tran

www.ktbirding.com