[obol] New birds in Kalama, WA

  • From: "A & S Hill" <60stops2home@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tweeters" <tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 20:42:45 -0700

Greetings Tweeters and OBOLers,

Sunday, July 13, I finally saw my FOY  WESTERN TANAGER female in our yard.
We didn't see any in 2013.

Today, Monday, July 14, the most exciting thing for me was seeing and
hearing my first ever BULLOCK's ORIOLE. He visited our hummingbird nectar
feeder twice today. Of course, the camera was not set up. I also heard him
singing from the Douglas Firs in the front yard while I was installing the
trailcam to watch the nectar feeder. Now that I'm really watching for him,
he probably won't return. But it was very exciting for me all the same.

Also, the female Western Tanager seen Sunday was back in our yard on Monday.

Happy Monday!

Amy Hill

Kalama, Washington

628 feet up in Cowlitz County